Please choose a fair time to pick up your liter boxes/ice cream cakes. You can always pick up your order later in the day than you specified when ordering, as long as it is the same date.
- Our liter boxes are made like thermos boxes, which helps to ensure that the ice does not melt too quickly.
- We recommend that the ice be consumed immediately, or be frozen within 30-45 minutes (of course depending on the weather and temperatures).
- The thermal box must always be kept closed during transport to ensure that the ice cream retains its rich texture.
- When you eat the ice cream, it is recommended that you take the thermos box out of the freezer and leave it ground for 10-15 minutes first – then the ice cream is absolutely perfect and seems completely freshly made.
- It is important to remember that the box needs to cool quickly after 10-15 minutes to maintain the delicious texture, as you can risk ruining it by alternately letting the ice cream thaw and refreeze. Then ice crystals form.
- The ice cream in the liter box can basically last a long time if it is simply sealed.
- However, we usually say that our ice cream must be eaten within 2 months (If you can keep your hands off it for that long!).
Ice cream for how many? Facts about liter boxes.
- 0.50 liters – 6 large scoops of ice cream for approx. 1-2 people (usually 2 ice cream varieties). The box is: 16.8 cm long, 8.9 cm high and 7.1 cm wide.
- 0.75 liters – 9 large scoops of ice cream for approx. 3 people (usually 3 ice cream varieties). The box is: 18.5 cm long, 10.2 cm high and 7.5 cm wide.
- 1.0 liters – 12 large scoops of ice cream for approx. 4 people (usually 4 ice cream varieties). The box is: 21.3 cm long, 11.1 cm high and 9 cm wide.
- 1.5 liters – 18 large scoops of ice cream for approx. 6 people (usually 5 ice cream varieties). The box is: 23.5 cm long, 12.8 cm high and 9.4 cm wide.
- 2.0 liters – 24 large scoops of ice cream for approx. 8 people (usually 6 ice cream varieties). The box is: 28 cm long, 14 cm high and 8 cm wide.
- Remember that you must pick up your order yourself, unfortunately we cannot deliver the goods.
- You can always book your liter box online. When you order ice cream online at Augustaglass, you have the right to skip the queue when you pick up your order.
- You can see the period’s selection on our website under the tab: ” Our ice cream “, where you can be inspired by the selection for your own liter box.
- The liter box can stay in the freezer at -18 degrees for 3 months if it is kept airtight. The liter boxes do not tolerate excessive temperature fluctuations, as ice crystals then form in the ice.
Facts about our glass
- Our ice cream is classic Italian, which means that it is freshly made from delicious ingredients, such as milk and fresh fruit – and it also has a lower percentage of fat than regular ice cream.
- Sorbet is 99% fat-free.
- As a general rule, no eggs, animal gelatine or alcohol have been used in our ice cream. We usually use a more modern ice stabilizer consisting of mono- and diglycerides, fatty acids, as well as a mixture of plant fibers from seaweed, pectin, guar gum and locust bean gum.
- If eggs, gluten, lactose, alcohol or similar have been used in some cases, this is always declared with the ice cream when it is in the counter, on the website under the contents of the ice cream – If you are unsure, ask the clerk.
- We do not make sugar free ice cream, as sugar is an important factor in reducing the freezing point of raw ingredients, while maintaining the good creamy texture of gelato.
- If you are unsure about what is in the ice cream, you can under the ” Our ice cream ” page, see what ingredients and allergens each ice cream contains.
Read more under ” Information about our ice cream “.